To help prevent adults and children from being bitten by dogs, teach the following basic safety tips and review them regularly:
· Do not approach an unfamiliar dog.
· Do not run from a dog or scream.
· Remain motionless (e.g., “be still like a tree”) when approached by an unfamiliar dog.
· If knocked over by a dog, roll into a ball and lie still (e.g., “be still like a log.”).
· Do not play with a dog unless supervised by an adult.
· Immediately report stray dogs or dogs displaying unusual behavior to an adult.
· Avoid direct eye contact with a dog.
· Do not disturb a dog that is sleeping, eating, or caring for puppies.
· Do not pet a dog without allowing it to see and sniff you first.
· If bitten, immediately report the bite to an adult.
*Pictures used in blogs on this website are not the actual photos from the crash or incident described in the content of the blog.
The A.W. Smith Law Firm in Columbia handles auto crash and serious injury cases all over the State of Missouri. If you have questions about how to choose a law firm that is equipped to handle your auto crash or serious injury case, please contact us today at 573-777-3333 or visit our website at www.awsmithlaw.com. The A.W. Smith Law Firm has recovered millions in settlements and verdicts in serious injury and wrongful death cases.