Three Injured and Two Dead in Two-vehicle Crash


In Jefferson County, two people are pronounced dead and three others are injured as a result of a two-vehicle crash.

On March 1, 2014 at approximately 4:48 p.m., Steven Galvin, age 52 of Hillsboro, Missouri was operating a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup Truck along with passenger, Cynthia Galvin, age 53. Theresa Godwin, age 30 of Granite City, Illinois was operating a 2004 Chervolet Cavalier along with passengers Bryleigh Greene, age 4, and Ethan Price, age 11.

At that said date and time, Steven Galvin was traveling in the westbound direction while Theresa was traveling in the eastbound direction on Missouri Route A and at Old State Route A. The crash occurred as both vehicles were approaching the intersection and Theresa turned left in front of Steven’s vehicle. Steven’s vehicle then collided with the passenger side of Theresa’s vehicle. The impact from the collision forced Theresa’s vehicle off the left side of the roadway.

Bryleigh Greene received severe injuries and was transported by air evacuation to Cardinal Glennon Hospital in critical condition. Later, Bryleigh was pronounced dead by Dr. Jason Warner. Ethan Price was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash by Joachim Plattin ambulance personnel and then transported to Schaefer’s Mortuary to St. Louis County Medical Examiner’s Office. Theresa Godwin received serious injuries and was transported by Joachim Plattin ambulance to Mercy Hospital in Jefferson City. Cynthia Galvin received moderate injuries and was transported by ambulance to Mercy Hospital. Steven Galvin received minor injuries and was transported to Mercy Hospital later by personal convenience.

According to the crash report from the Missouri State Highway Patrol, all the participants involved in this crash were wearing their seat belts at the time of the collision.

Theresa’s 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier received total damages and Steven Galvin’s 1997 Dodge Ram received extensive damages. Both vehicles were towed by Crosby Towing.

This fatality crash was investigated by the Missouri State Highway Patrol and with the assistance of Troop C.